Monday, September 24, 2007

Some Things I Wish I Never Said




"This is easily the best one since the first movie!" - I said this on opening day of "Batman and Robin", one of the greatest crimes ever committed to filmstock. I have no excuse for it.

"There is no way they are going to be just a one-hit wonder!" - I said this in response to my friend Beil when he dared to impugn the good name of 80s band Boys Don't Cry. I was quite taken with their one and only hit "I Wanna Be A Cowboy."


"It seems like it might be a good story." - My reaction to a mid-1990's Superman story story where they split the Man of Steel into two different people with all new powers and costumes. He was now electricity based and the comic was nigh-unreadable.


"They are the new Beatles!" - I mentioned this to my dad at the height of Culture Club's popularity and he has never let me live it down. Having said that, I still enjoy all of Boy George's music - even to this day. His "Cheapness and Beauty" album was criminally overlooked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home